Ça va bien..





I’m alright.

I’m always alright but I never am. You can ask me how my day was and I’ll tell you it was alright, but I never really mean it.

I’m alright is my saviour phrase. I won’t have to explain the feelings that are buried down a good depth. I won’t be forced to empty my mind and heart in a long rant that you’ll end with:  “you’ll be alright”.

I’m alright saves me the trouble of looking into eyes full of pity. It saves others from the sense of obligation, that they need to help a person that is not alright.

I’m alright is a short sentence that carries much more depth. It’s a camouflage, a cover for the battle you’re hiding inside. It filters who gets to share the big war with you, as a soldier and a companion, and who gets to stay on the sidelines, cheering, or from another perspective, jeering.

I’m alright is not something I use to describe how I am but rather how I hope I’ll be. It’s a silent promise that keeps me going on. A small thread of hope that gets me to the other side of the bridge. 

I’m alright is formal, informal, could be used in love, friendship, war, and anything. It has the ability to adapt to any situation without standing out like a sore thumb.

I tell myself every night that It’s alright. Before meeting anyone, it’s alright. After an important event, it’s alright. During conversations, it’s alright. I’ll shout it in all possible languages till it’s not just a phrase which my brain has knit for my heart to live by. 

I’m alright. 
Bene valeo.
Sto bene.
Estoy bien.
Ça va bien.
İyim.
Mir geht es gut.

أنا بخير....

Popular posts from this blog

The Holocaust Resurrection

What if?

Mea sola vetus amicus