Excuse me...

 

 


Excuse me sir, madam, colleague, acquaintance, and best-friend. I tend to get lost a lot so bear with me. It’s a habit, a horrendous one that is, and there are stages to it.

 

First, we’re introduced. We have the same shallow first conversation as others do when they first meet someone new. It’s a tiring conversation, nerve-wrecking and exhausting; we’re still testing the waters. I can’t decide if you’re blessed when you’re categorized as a member in my comfort zone or simply…… cursed.

Second, we meet more often, coincidently, and according to the person: fortunately, or otherwise. I warm up to you like a child seeking warmth in the most dire and cruel winter nights. A friendship starts to bloom, can you see it blossom? It might grow in to the crimson red of the Geum spec, often letting the warning bells go off. This might be a toxic friendship, yet too early to decide.

Third, I get used to your presence around. It becomes a habit, that subconsciously something doesn’t feel right if I go a couple of days without a glimpse of you.

Fourth, congratulations -or not- you’re now officially somebody who’ll have to bear with me so:

 

Excuse me sir, madam, colleague, acquaintance, and best friend. I tend to get lost a lot so bear with me. It’s a habit, a horrendous one that is, and here’s how distressingly terrible it is.

 

Since I’m past warming up to you, with all formalities aside and all that jazz, it’s time to have conversations which are the complete contrary to the ones we previously had. These are much more meaningful and utterly deeper and soul exposing. I can go on and on with a rant that if rants were a race I’d earn the gold medal. It’s infuriating really, but I do it anyway. Out of habit, remember?

See, my problem is, my thoughts drown the sound of my voice that I don’t comprehend what my tongue blabbers until it’s too late. It’s difficult to maintain a conversation with me, for it is either we both reach a confusion stage, or you get bored. So, in advance:

 

Excuse me sir, madam, colleague, acquaintance, and best friend. I tend to get lost a lot so bear with me. It’s a habit, a horrendous one that is, but I promise you, it’s completely unintentional.

 

I don’t mean to mystify or further entangle the tied-up web I’m trying to retell, it just happens. One story leads to the other, and the main story, in my book, just can’t do without those tiny details stuck in every nook and cranny. Each detail holds behind a tale for a different day to tell. It might seem simple or better yet, absurd to you. To me, these are what define me. They are what made me who I am today.

 

You’ll be swerved left and right with my scattered balderdash, but it’s not juvenile prattle I promise! I mean to include you in what I’ve lived, in a stupendous way of course. I long for you to relive the situation with me.

 

This is a thank you and an apology really, from greater gratitude and even deeper embarrassment. So:

 

Thank you, sir, madam, colleague, acquaintance, and best friend, for bearing with my tendency to stray way from most conversations. It’s a habit, a horrendous one that is, and you’re prodigious for excusing me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Holocaust Resurrection

Mea sola vetus amicus

What if?